POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More UFO's (Just can't get enough...) : More UFO's (Just can't get enough...) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  More UFO's (Just can't get enough...)
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 4 Oct 2002 23:06:59
Message: <3d9e5753@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

Now that POV 3.5 is up and running, I've decided to re-do an old animation
called "Dave Attacks" which I originally entered in the October 2000 IRTC
"Alien Invasion" contest. It received such critical acclaim as "I think you
could have done a little more with it. Where's the animation?"

I've improved the shape of the UFO's (now they look pretty close to the
"Mars Attacks" model - the bottom used to be flat instead of rounded), found
a better image map of the Earth, added cyclical cloud movement, and better
metal textures. Also, there was a bug in POV that caused some of the media
around the UFO's to be grainy, which appears to be fixed now.

I think it's going to take about four months to complete the animation.
(Anybody want to render a few frames for me? Anybody???)

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Here's a preview of the new animation - any comments?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Mars.jpg' (38 KB)

Preview of image 'Mars.jpg'