POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Possible landscape WIP : Possible landscape WIP Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Possible landscape WIP
From: Tek
Date: 4 Oct 2002 20:55:54
Message: <3d9e389a@news.povray.org>
Hi folks!

I knocked this up in my lunch break today. I'm quite pleased with how unusual it
looks, so I'm thinking about developing it into a "spectacular landscape" IRTC
entry.

The 2 images are based on the same technique (based round a granite pigment), on
one it's put on a series of planes, and in the other it's mapped on concentric
spheres. Both images are rendered with radiosity, and the planar one has no
light source (illumination comes from the light grey sky sphere).

What do you think? Does it have potential or is it just a bit silly? :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sliced world sphere.jpg' (72 KB) Download 'sliced world.jpg' (64 KB)

Preview of image 'sliced world sphere.jpg'
sliced world sphere.jpg

Preview of image 'sliced world.jpg'
sliced world.jpg