POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : sliding macro examples (divx 328kB+74kB) : Re: sliding macro examples (divx 328kB+74kB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:31:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sliding macro examples (divx 328kB+74kB)
From: Micha Riser
Date: 4 Oct 2002 09:18:05
Message: <3d9d950d@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> I've heard CG animation professionals say they're trapped on Linux boxes
> with no capability of seeing divx anims. I can show you a link to the
> discussion...

Tell them there is 'mplayer'... My animation has been encoded with it on a
linux box!

> If it's not good enough for irtc.org or 10secondclub.org,  it's not good
> enough for povray.binaries.animations .  Are they mere codec Luddites?

While on irtc it is important that all judges can see the animation there
is not a fixed group of judges here ;) But hey, I just figured out how to
make mpeg12 with mencoder (cannot quarante for the mpeg-1) so I'll repost
it.

- Micha
--
objects.povworld.org - The POV-Ray Objects Collection
book.povworld.org    - The POV-Ray Book Project