POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions... : Re: Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions...
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Oct 2002 09:28:50
Message: <3d9af492@news.povray.org>
In article <3D9ADF96.2E332020@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

>> And now I have to use Tcl/Tk scripts for my build procedure to sort out
>> warnings. Tell me, is that OK?
>
> One could argue that if you are doing such serious work with the POV-Ray
> source code then it might benefit you to use the same development tools that
> the POV-Ray developers use, thereby avoiding any potential warning messages
> from the original code base. The POV-Ray developers cannot in anycase be
> expected to aniticipate how the source code will behave on compilers that they
> themselves do not use and expecting them to is unrealistic.

Very true.  On all compilers used and supported by the POV-Team the warnings
can be controlled on a warning type by warning type basis.  Plus all four
compilers supported by the POV-Team are the most popular compilers on their
particular platform.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde