POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg] : Re: illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg]
From: hughes, b
Date: 29 Sep 2002 22:19:19
Message: <3d97b4a7@news.povray.org>
"Timothy R. Cook" <tim### [at] scifi-fantasycom> wrote in message

> The one here is easier to tell that they're the same, just kinda look
> at it with your eyes a bit out of focus and not looking AT the squares.

I can't see them as the same until I block nearly all else except a shadowed
one and one in direct light, some of the surrounding checkers can still be
seen partially though. I tried as you suggested, covered one eye and focused
on my other hand nearer to me and off to the side enough to see the image.
Still the illusion. Tried that with the three different ones. Probably a lot
to do with how perception works for different individuals I'd guess.