POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg] : Re: illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg]
From: hughes, b
Date: 29 Sep 2002 18:35:27
Message: <3d97802f@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <git### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message

> Must be a recent craze, I came upon this a couple of days ago.
> http://www-bcs.mit.edu/gaz/gaz-teaching/index.html
> I'm not sure I've understood all the explanations, but it's certainly
> interesting.
>
> I fell for it recently in one of my own images too. I was trying to
touch-up
> some parts of an image and the eyedropper was in clear contradiction with
my
> eyes, so I kept smudging what I thought was a dark blue and it didn't
match.
> The eyedropper was right of course...

Those are some other things to try, thanks.

Some interesting things I found just now, the Munker-White link shows colors
affected too, as you said. We trust our eyes way too much, now I'm going to
be thinking it over all the time when doing a render!
http://persci.mit.edu/gallery.html
--
Farewell,
Bob