POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg] : Re: illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg]
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 29 Sep 2002 17:45:31
Message: <3d97747b@news.povray.org>

3d9763be@news.povray.org...
> Someone posted this illusion at a camera board and so I just had to try
> it using POV-Ray. I don't know what the other was made with, the person
> didn't say where they got it from.

Must be a recent craze, I came upon this a couple of days ago.
http://www-bcs.mit.edu/gaz/gaz-teaching/index.html
I'm not sure I've understood all the explanations, but it's certainly
interesting.

I fell for it recently in one of my own images too. I was trying to touch-up
some parts of an image and the eyedropper was in clear contradiction with my
eyes, so I kept smudging what I thought was a dark blue and it didn't match.
The eyedropper was right of course...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com