POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg] : illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  illusion checkers [~40KB Jpg]
From: hughes, b
Date: 29 Sep 2002 16:34:06
Message: <3d9763be@news.povray.org>
Someone posted this illusion at a camera board and so I just had to try
it using POV-Ray. I don't know what the other was made with, the person
didn't say where they got it from.

I found that I couldn't get perfect uniformity when using radiosity but
without it the render didn't look good. It's close enough to get the
effect. To check against your sense of vision you'll need to either cut
and paste parts together or use a color picking eyedropper thing which
many paint programs have and compare values.

Hope it looks as good to you as I thought it was. Couple hours to make,
30 minutes for final render.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'illusion_checkers.jpg' (31 KB)

Preview of image 'illusion_checkers.jpg'
illusion_checkers.jpg