POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Virginals (Vermeer again) : Re: Virginals (Vermeer again) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virginals (Vermeer again)
From: Ive
Date: 27 Sep 2002 16:32:32
Message: <3d94c060@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3D9### [at] aolcom...
> Looks great.  The keys' color seems odd, though I see it is a half tone
> in a reference photo. It looked to be the same overall hue as the
> painting however.

Oh yes. To get the right hue and saturation for the textures is a big problem.
Sometimes it looks very good while modelling and doing the textures but
when used with radiosity it looks rather odd. But it is a very interesting
experience not to use *absolute* color values but thinking like "oh, there
is a dark red rug at the left, so the color value for the viol must be more
greenish to get that light brown..."

-Ive