POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Gort, 1950's sci-fi robot [~236KB mpg] : Re: delayed response Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: delayed response
From: hughes, b
Date: 25 Sep 2002 18:12:27
Message: <3d9234cb@news.povray.org>
Yep, The Day the Earth Stood Still, thanks for showing that web page Jaime.
A old movie with both bad parts and good parts. Like a lot of movies that
you still might think are okay for whatever reasons.

Being B&W film you have to guess about what colors there might be. The block
is probably supposed to be totally transparent and colorless, I was just
trying for some interesting color mixes. It's something the Army placed the
robot in to hold it. Of course he escapes. If I were to make mine more like
the movie it would have to be more diffused.

Redone it since this one but no improvement in radiosity, a orange-yellow
used for the melting part and some variation as it drops.