POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : moonlight || wings3d : Re: moonlight || wings3d Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:32:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: moonlight || wings3d
From: Danni Coy
Date: 23 Sep 2002 21:02:17
Message: <3d8fb997@news.povray.org>
> -how active is the wings3d-project?

I don't know of many other projects that release on a weekly or biweekly
basis. Bjorn is the main developer.... I am responsible for the Povray
exporter. Wings is a dedicated modeller.... as described elsewhere It
creates Mesh2 structures and that is about it. I have tried to make the
exporter as flexible as possible however so that It is hand coding
freindly.

The latest version of the povray exporter now supports direct rendering from
wings provided that you have your ~/povray.ini file set up correctly. I
would appreciate any feedback.