POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Converting POV-Ray images to CMYK : Re: Converting POV-Ray images to CMYK Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting POV-Ray images to CMYK
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Sep 2002 19:35:15
Message: <3d8fa533@news.povray.org>

news: web.3d8fa0c8bb59b30428f3158d0@news.povray.org...
> Since the printer uses a 4 color image
> for layout, they ask that you submit the image in the format that they
> normally use, which is a CMYK EPS.  In theory, this allows the printer to
> save a little time and your paper comes out faster.

Actually, it looks more like an editor problem... Speed is hardly an issue
in scientific papers, since the reviewing process itself takes months, and
scientific journals are not daily publications.
<rant> This is may be due to lack of funding (to hire competent staff) and
more generally to some unability to cope with the demands of modern data
transfer and publishing. I've been working with a scientific publisher
lately and some of their "problems" (including ones related to CMYK
conversion) only demonstrated their lack of skills with the software they
used (i.e. Photoshop and XPress). They prefer to transfer the hairy issues
to the printer or to the author instead of learning to solve them. </rant>

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com