POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Clifftop Mine : Re: WIP - Clifftop Mine Server Time
14 Aug 2024 18:01:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Clifftop Mine
From: St
Date: 22 Sep 2002 21:23:28
Message: <3d8e6d10@news.povray.org>
"Jinx" <Jin### [at] spodboxfsnetukcom> wrote in message
> In Cornwall, England, there are many clifftop mines, ruins left over from
> the once flourishing tin industry.
>
> These hulks are scattered through out the landscape, from the deepest
> interior to the very clifftop.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions on how to *do* the landscape? ;)

    I know where you're coming from. We have similar (read: VERY OLD) structures
here in North Wales with the slate mining that goes on. Only here, it's bleak and
grey and very high up. With tin mining in Cornwall, I believe the background
should be green and undulating fields? If so, try and get a 'green' image from
your area and use it as a height_field.

  Play around with the camera and get the best shot you can from it - something
you can work with.

   Nice image so far though.

    ~Steve~