POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cove II Wip (49 Kb Attachment) : Re: Cove II Wip (49 Kb Attachment) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 17:58:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cove II Wip (49 Kb Attachment)
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 22 Sep 2002 08:32:21
Message: <3d8db855$1@news.povray.org>

3d8cdca6$1@news.povray.org...
> Folks:
>
> I incorporated a bunch of the changes that people suggested in
> this version.  For example, I attempted to make water marks
> on the base of the rocks and I also was able to make the rocks
> look a little better by rendering an orthographic view of the
> scene from above in grayscale, etc., etc. and then using that
> as the bitmap in the height_field.

It's better that way

> I'm not sure if the focal blur looks quite right.  There is still
> something unsatisfying about the scene.  Maybe it's just a little
> boring.

With that kind of sunny outdoor scene, depth of field should be big (high
diaphragm value and focus set to infinite) so nearly no blur at all.
You only get focal blur on close up focus and/or low light conditions.
Here I feel a wrong scale as if the closest rocks were at 1 meter or less.

Your sky has no gradient as real sky has.
I'd set a lower cam position because with this one I'd expect a background
landscape.
Marc