POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons and Lenses : Re: Photons and Lenses Server Time
14 Aug 2024 17:56:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons and Lenses
From: John Mellerick
Date: 21 Sep 2002 07:27:13
Message: <3d8c5791$1@news.povray.org>
Hey,

> Has anybody tried building a physically accurate camera lens and
> turning on photons to see what that does for a realistic lens flare?

Someone did this about two years ago I think (it was a long time ago,
anyway), except instead of photons (which may not have even been around at
the time), they just used a sphere with a really high ambient value as the
light source, and I think they gave a very slight coloured tint to the
lenses. The results were... OK, I guess. Nothing nearly as nice as you'd get
with a lensflare include like Chris Colefax's. If you do a seach back in
this group, you *might* find it, but it was years ago, and I couldn't tell
you who it was or what it was called...

John