POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cove WIP (245 Kb Attachment) : Re: Cove WIP (245 Kb Attachment) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 17:54:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cove WIP (245 Kb Attachment)
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 19 Sep 2002 21:57:47
Message: <3d8a809b@news.povray.org>
> Are you purposefully trying to achieve that "faceted" look on the
> land mass?  It looks a bit odd to me.
>
> -Kedar

Well, this is what I was able to pull out of Terragen.

I tried to get something a bit smoother by enlarging and smoothing
the bitmap in Paint Shop Pro, but that created a terracing effect that
looked even worse that what I had currently.  Using the smooth
keyword created some strange dark blobs and streaking on the
height_field surface.

Aaron

Aaron Gillies
New York City