POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : scattering media colour question : Re: scattering media colour question Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scattering media colour question
From: hughes, b
Date: 18 Sep 2002 07:45:07
Message: <3d886743@news.povray.org>
Trying your example out here and I can't explain it. I looked at the scene
differently by moving the camera back outside of the dome. It really makes
for a better perspective I think. To do that, the "wall" must be commented
out. I can get both red and cyan showing in what appears a odd sort of way,
somethng about the light interaction/shadow. I'd never have expected both
colors to be present in a single color media, very unusual to me. Maybe
someone know of the reason for this but a color shift like this is
practically the stuff of wavelengths. To guess, might it be a
self-shadowing?