POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sauna lamp 2 (100 kb) : Re: Sauna lamp 2 (100 kb) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 18:04:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sauna lamp 2 (100 kb)
From: Hugo
Date: 18 Sep 2002 07:07:04
Message: <3d885e58$1@news.povray.org>
Looks very good!  I have 2 things that might / might not be an improvement:

1)  The bulb is lit, but not really lit.. It doesn't seem to light up the
scene.. If you take a camera in real life and focus on a bulb, you will get
either a white glow all over the picture, or the rest of the scene will be
very dark because the camera adjusts it's light sensitivity... This allows
us to understand how strong a bulb usually is ... This is often not
simulated in raytracings, thus they look fake.. I'm not sure how a photo
would look with a very weak bulb, but I'd expect some glow in all cases,
along with some indication on the wall, that the light's intensity fall off.

2)  The glass looks thick. Is that normal?

But it's very good so far. It's strange I don't remember your earlier post,
and I don't think I ever miss a post here.

Regards,
Hugo