POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sauna lamp 2 (100 kb) : Sauna lamp 2 (100 kb) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 18:02:16 EDT (-0400)
  Sauna lamp 2 (100 kb)
From: Daniel Nilsson
Date: 17 Sep 2002 17:15:43
Message: <3d879b7f@news.povray.org>
Hi again!
Now I have made some more work on the lamp. I increased the number of metal
things that holds the glass and did some work on the glass. I think it looks
much better now.
I did not (as suggested in previous postings) make a better light bulb, it
is still the simple sphere/cylinder csg. It is not so visible now so I don't
think anyone will notice.
Render time was about 5 hours on a PIII 500mhz. I probably could lover the
quality of area lights a bit to speed it up.
There are actually two identical lamps in the scene, the other is on the
wall across the room. I think I will make a simplified lamp and use it
instead of the one not in view.
The next time a get some time to work on the scene I will make some more
sauna objects. I'll keep you posted.

--
Daniel Nilsson

Post a reply to this message