POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : media density : Re: media density Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media density
From: R  Suzuki
Date: 17 Sep 2002 11:11:57
Message: <3d87463d@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote
> It would be nice if patterns were unclipped by default or if there was a
> way to specify "no_waveform" or similar to turn clipping off.

I agree.
I added 'unclipping' option in the density_file patch.
http://staff.aist.go.jp/r-suzuki/e/povray/iso/df_body.htm

In case of the current patch, one can use unclipped function
patterns as following.

#declare D3D= pattern{
    density_file function 100, 100, 100 {func(x,y,z)}
    interpolate 11 // or 10 or 12
}

But "no_waveform" keyword would be better way.
I am now planning to add it in the future patch.

R. Suzuki