POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Surfin' (72 Kb) : Surfin' (72 Kb) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 18:05:49 EDT (-0400)
  Surfin' (72 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 16 Sep 2002 21:29:19
Message: <3d86856f@news.povray.org>
Hi all.
I've been playing with some programs trying to obtain UV mapped meshes
for free, and I think the first try looks fine.
This model is a surf board.
A low detailed model was made in hamapatch.
Then it was exported as an .obj file and imported in anim8or.
The model was subdivided three times and exported once again to .obj.
I used UVMapper to obtain its UV map, and save again to .obj.
Poseray was used to convert to pov (mesh2) and moray (udo) format.
The gimp was used to create the texture.
Statics in povray 3.5:
Time for parse: 1", time for trace: 16"
Res. 1024 x 768, antialiasing 0.01
Hope you like it.