POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves : Re: more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves
Date: 16 Sep 2002 15:23:29
Message: <3d862fb1$1@news.povray.org>
I don't know if this is useful or not, but I for one wouldn't mind rendering
some scenes now and then, or perhaps parts of scenes ,say 4-5 hours per
part. I have to leave my computer on the whole day anyway (unfortunately) so
it oculd just as well do some work. Aren't there more people with
rendering-capacity left over?
Maybe you could split up the image into a few parts and distribute them
amongst those that want to help you...

But, more on-topic:

Am I right in saying that it looks like the leaves at the pavement side are
partially _under_ the slightly transparent pavement?
I must say though that I preferred the more dense leaves in the earlier
post, it kind of deters from looking at the leaves too detailed, like one
would be inclined to do with only so few leaves on the ground. Maybe you
could combine the two methods, so that you can still have them gather in
corners as well as around the tree?