POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves : Re: more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more Portrait of Autumn - fixed leaves
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 16 Sep 2002 13:41:00
Message: <3d8617ac@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> They look quite good, but their distribution seems somewhat uniform, if
> they were removed from the path there should be more quite near to it,
> also they should be more dense nearer to the trunk.

They are indeed uniform; I'm using a new scattering method (within a
box, as opposed to out from a central point). This will allow me to
better control how many leaves appear in a given area, as well as doing
things like having them collect along edges and in corners (there aren't
any of these yet, but there will be).

-Xplo