POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Portrait of Autumn (3000 oak leaves v.2) : Re: Portrait of Autumn (3000 oak leaves v.2) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portrait of Autumn (3000 oak leaves v.2)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 13 Sep 2002 18:50:33
Message: <3d826bb9@news.povray.org>
Jim Kress wrote:
> Nice start on the project.  I live in a woods with lots of oaks, maples, and
> beeches.  The oak tree base should spread out at the bottom, should be
> irregular in shape, and should show the trunk branching into roots.

The current trunk is just a stand-in; it will be replaced with a more
realistic trunk later.

> The leaves are to small, not irregular enough in shape, and oddly colored.
> They should be larger, more differentiated in shape and size, brown to red
> with more yellows and no green.

The leaves are actually made more or less to scale, based on some real
oak leaves that I went out and looked at, and AFAIK, there's no way to
change their shape (except with uneven scaling) that wouldn't consume
massive amounts of memory. However, I will certainly look into fixing
the colors.

-Xplo