POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Portrait of Autumn (3000 oak leaves v.2) : Re: Portrait of Autumn (3000 oak leaves v.2) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portrait of Autumn (3000 oak leaves v.2)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 Sep 2002 03:49:59
Message: <3d8198a7@news.povray.org>
Xplo Eristotle wrote:

> I've had a number of people say that. I kinda see what they mean, but
> since the leaves are pretty accurately shaped, I don't really know
> what's wrong or how to fix it. I suppose if worst comes to worst, I can
> wait until the leaves ACTUALLY fall off the oaks here and see what it
> looks like.

  One of the problems can be that some of the leaves seem to float a bit
over the terrain, casting confusing shadows. The other is perhaps that the
leaves thickness seems excessive, I would expect more flat leaves. You
know, sometimes the archetype is more convincing than the real thing... :)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org