POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : maximum size for povray file : Re: maximum size for povray file Server Time
18 May 2024 05:35:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: maximum size for povray file
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 Sep 2002 16:10:40
Message: <3d80f4c0@news.povray.org>
In article <B9A17AA6.479C%fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk> , Fidel viegas
<fid### [at] artrecognitioncouk>  wrote:

> I have been experiencing some problems when trying to load huge files on
> povray. Does it have a limit? I am using povray 3.5 and I'm running it from
> classic environment.
> Is there a limit for a source file to be loaded from povray? Because I could
> load the file using BBEdit with no problems.

Well, the limit is the memory available to POV-Ray.  If the file does not
fit into the memory allocated for POV-Ray (you can change it via the Get
Info dialog in the Finder as usual), it won't be able to load the file.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.