POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3000 oak leaves : 3000 oak leaves Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  3000 oak leaves
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 12 Sep 2002 03:53:56
Message: <3d804814@news.povray.org>
Autumn is coming and I decided that something with leaves was in order.

The leaves are meshes, originally created as heightfields in Photoshop
and converted with a LOT of trace(). The hole in the middle is sort of
an artifact of the method I used to scatter the leaves; assuming I do
more with this scene, I'll most likely fix it, or hide it by putting
some other object there. The texturing is quite nice, IMO, if not 100%
realistic.. more's the pity you can't possibly see the detail at this scale.

Other than that, the scene uses some extremely crude radiosity to
brighten up the shadows, took about 45 minutes or so to render on my old
7100/266, and didn't like JPEG compression.. so I apologize for the file
size.

The next revision will likely have a lower sun for better shadows, a
better radiosity environment, something more interesting than a white
plane for the leaves to sit on, and perhaps some more variation in leaf
color.. I need to work up some more pigments.

Comments?

-Xplo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: