POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle problem solved (mpeg1 340k) : Re: Particle problem solved (mpeg1 340k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle problem solved (mpeg1 340k)
From: Hugo
Date: 10 Sep 2002 09:51:51
Message: <3d7df8f7$1@news.povray.org>
> > It seems Rune's particle system can't resume after
> > a break; I would have to start POV again from
> > frame zero..
>
> It's supposed to work fine to start from any frame, using the
> +sf command line setting. When you tried that, what happened?

Oops I used +kf  (Initial_Frame) and I should stop blaming your macros for
these mistakes!

> By the way, are the smoke emitters "engines" that spew the
> smoke backwards, or do they simply "smoke"?

They simply smoke. I was interested in how the rotation would affect the
particles. My original idea was to have balls that smash into walls, due to
high speed rotation.

> Very nice animation by the way. It looks very realistic! :)

Thanks.  :o)  The radiosity seems to be calculated with some randomness, so
reducing the artifacts will be expensive. It's good I can break and resume
animations, then!

Regards,
Hugo