POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post (~50 KB) : Re: First post (~50 KB) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post (~50 KB)
From: David  El Tom
Date: 10 Sep 2002 07:54:55
Message: <3d7ddd8f@news.povray.org>
Hi,

First of all I think I have to apologize for the bad english, but it was
quite late yesterday.
The program HCR is of course from Ch. Hormann. I used it to add focal blur.
Both of you pointed exactly out my biggest problems: setting up light and
working with textures.
The long render time comes due usage of radiosity, but some objects still
look flat.
For the sheet I used a normal modifier (crackle) which worked well in the
test renderings. For now I will concentrate on the improvement of the
textures (especially the yellow rings which are supposed to look like gold),
later I may add a plant in the corner of the room.

> Jaime's lighting macros would be very useful in this case.

Would be nice if someone could point me to the location of this macro.

> You blurred the image or used focal blur, I do not know but I would make
the
> background more blurry (from a photographer point of view), because this
> would put the pen and the glass thing (I dont know the word either) more
in
> the focus of the viewer.

It's focal blur, but I had problems to setup a good curve for the depth
dependent blur. Will try to increase blurring in the back and decrease it in
the front.

thanks so far ...... dave