POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post (~50 KB) : Re: First post (~50 KB) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post (~50 KB)
From: Rene Schwietzke
Date: 10 Sep 2002 03:14:34
Message: <3d7d9bda$1@news.povray.org>
"David El Tom" <dav### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
> I know, ..., not really good, but is one of my first tries.
Very well done for one of your first images. Nice composition and nice
theme.

> hope you like it and have some suggestions for improvements.
Of course ;-)

The pen targets directly into my eye, so it would be better to turn it and
have it from left to the right. The black part of the pen does not look very
good, it is too dark and you cannot see the shape of the pen because all
light is "swallowed". The white part is great as well as the feather (is
this the right word?).

You blurred the image or used focal blur, I do not know but I would make the
background more blurry (from a photographer point of view), because this
would put the pen and the glass thing (I dont know the word either) more in
the focus of the viewer.

Bye,
Rene
--