POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Demon Queen : Re: Demon Queen Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Demon Queen
From: Christoph Gerber
Date: 9 Sep 2002 14:35:02
Message: <3d7ce9d6@news.povray.org>
The technique is quite simple: the basic building is made of a difference
between an box and a small heightfield. The heightfield must be small and
irregular to give the building the look of a ruin. Then the buildings are
scaled, rotated and arranged in a circular are, largest in the middle with
some random scaling, too. Finally a brick texture is applied to the whole
thing overlayed with a starfield type of texture to give some brurning
windows. The flames on the ground is one emitting media with planar density.
Hope this is helps.

Regards, Christoph

Batronyx <bat### [at] alliancecablenet> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
3d7c1e99@news.povray.org...
> The devil dogs look more than a little misshapen, and some of the textures
look
> a little too shiny like plastic. But, that's about it for complaints.
Everything