POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Evil Fire (126 kb mpg) : Re: Evil Fire (126 kb mpg) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evil Fire (126 kb mpg)
From: Rune
Date: 9 Sep 2002 12:53:43
Message: <3d7cd217@news.povray.org>
Batronyx wrote:
> And it was worth the effort as it shows off
> another great thing about your fire/particle system:
> It isn't just emitted from the top. I'm really
> impressed with how the tongues of flame lick around
> from underneath as well.

It looks like the flames lick the underside of the object, but in fact
that is not the case in this animation. The flames simply go straight
upwards without any collision detection with the object.

However, I'll try to make a different animation where the flames do
indeed lick around an object. I don't know yet if it will look good
though.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Sep 8)