POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Dancing Flames of Fire (128 kb mpg) : New version Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:25:50 EDT (-0400)
  New version
From: Rune
Date: 9 Sep 2002 12:53:41
Message: <3d7cd215@news.povray.org>
I've uploaded a new version of the fire to my web site. There are no
significant improvements, the light source is just not quite as white. I
also had to change the way that the media for the fire works, and I hope
it doesn't degrade the look of the fire.

http://runevision.com/3d/anims/

The reason I had to change it is that I discovered that the nice-looking
fire was caused by a too low amount of media samples. With increased
samples, the fire began to look very bland and boring. So I had to come
up with a different method that would look good both when few and many
samples are used.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Sep 8)