POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Dancing Flames of Fire (128 kb mpg) : Re: Dancing Flames of Fire (128 kb mpg) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:29:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dancing Flames of Fire (128 kb mpg)
From: Rune
Date: 9 Sep 2002 12:53:40
Message: <3d7cd214@news.povray.org>
Kedar Patil wrote:
> I once tried doing fire using particle systems in
> OpenGL and I must admit that your version looks a
> lot better than mine.

I don't think OpenGL and POV-Ray can be compared very well when it comes
to rendering quality. Can OpenGL even simulate volumetric effects
similar to media? Or how did you render the fire? Textured polygons
facing the camera?

> Polish the code and release it ASAP.  I am getting
> impatient to try it :)

I'll do my best. :)

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Sep 8)