POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Are lathe objects solid? : Are lathe objects solid? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Are lathe objects solid?
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 8 Sep 2002 15:09:30
Message: <3d7ba06a$1@news.povray.org>
I've never really used lathe objects all that much, and am getting a bit
confused...

I've created the lathe as shown below, and as I always thought lathes were
"solid" I was surprised that I could look down the middle of it.

I realise (I think) that I could add a point at <0,0> and <0, 56>, but then
cutting a hole in the side would still reveal the hollow nature of the
shape...

Have I missed something obvious?  If I've got it wrong (surely not ;) then
how can I create a solid shape?  Would I need to double back with the
spline-points outlining the shape?

  lathe{linear_spline 8
    <25.0, 56.0>,
    <24.0, 55.8>,