POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rusty : Re: Rusty Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rusty
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 8 Sep 2002 11:38:24
Message: <3d7b6ef0$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message news:3d7b6736$1@news.povray.org...
> > it's all about creating a good picture at the end of the day
>
> You meant at the end of the year didn't you?  I work on my projects for much
> more than a day! I agree that "time" is part of the art, though.

Well, I wish I had the patience to work on something over a long period of time, but I
usually
don't. this image for example, was basically done in one day, with a second day for
tweaking
things and re-rendering.

I'm particularly pleased with it though, as most of my stuff tends to look unfinished.
I'm
always awestruck by the work of people like Gilles Tran and Norbert Kern, not so much
because
I feel they are amazingly more skilled than I (although they are *a lot* more skilled
than I),
but more for the fact that they put so much time and effort into their art. That's
what I have
to improve upon in the future, I think.

Andy Cocker