POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Geodesic Dome : Geodesic Dome Server Time
17 Sep 2024 08:55:51 EDT (-0400)
  Geodesic Dome
From: JPGargoyle
Date: 7 Sep 2002 22:59:26
Message: <3d7abd0e@news.povray.org>
Hi all.

I want to do a Geodesic Dome, so I have searched the net for the formulas.

All I've found was a bunch of mathmatical formulas I don't understand and in
one site I've found a pre-made GeoDome with the coords of the vertices. (see
GeodesicDomeTest1.jpg)

But since this wasn't enough for what I wanted, I've wrote a macro to sub
divide the triangles, and this is the result.:
GeodesicDomeTest2.jpg  --> 1 subdivision
GeodesicDomeTest3.jpg  --> 2 subdivisions
GeodesicDomeTest4.jpg  --> 3 subdivisions

Todo next:  wireframe to go with the vertices

Best regards

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'GeodesicDomeTest1.jpg' (65 KB) Download 'GeodesicDomeTest2.jpg' (43 KB) Download 'GeodesicDomeTest3.jpg' (59 KB) Download 'GeodesicDomeTest4.jpg' (69 KB)

Preview of image 'GeodesicDomeTest1.jpg'
GeodesicDomeTest1.jpg

Preview of image 'GeodesicDomeTest2.jpg'
GeodesicDomeTest2.jpg

Preview of image 'GeodesicDomeTest3.jpg'
GeodesicDomeTest3.jpg

Preview of image 'GeodesicDomeTest4.jpg'
GeodesicDomeTest4.jpg