POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: change string? : Re: change string? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: change string?
From: Pandora
Date: 7 Sep 2002 21:46:52
Message: <3d7aac0c@news.povray.org>
"bozo" <nos### [at] goawaycom> wrote in message news:3d760fc8@news.povray.org...
> thanks Halbert! bakground is, i have bought software that compiles exes,
> but it puts the name of the purchaser in each exe in "about", instead of
teh
> company name.
>
> I need to eithe rchange this text, or disable the right click menu in the
> exes.
>
> here is the rest of my thought:
>
> I've just realised, re my post, that if I could insert a piece of code to
> disable right click in the exe file, I would have my problems solved also.
> That way, when people open the exe file and are in it, if they try to get
> right click context menu they will right click and nothing happens. So
does
> anyoneknow where I could find a piece of code which I can append or insert
> into my exe to do this?  I am able to view the compiled exe in a Hex
Viewer,
> so perhaps I could paste it in , in the Hex Viewer? Once again,
> vag### [at] freedomusacom   - thanks people!

    Eh ? I'm confused...

    Okay, yes, maybe, you can edit the text in the About, it all depends on
how the about box is stored - as Halbert said, if it's a bitmap, then
there's nothing you can do[1], if, on the other hand it's not, the text
string will be in the .exe (or a dll) somewhere...
    Now, this right-click thing - jeez, yeah, it _could_ be done, but is it
really worth the hassle ? Also, just how does this relate to the about box
text issue ? I can't see the connection...

    BTW - hacking the about box text, though sometimes fun, may raise both
moral and potential legal questions...
--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.

[1] actually, that's not entirely true, 'cos the bitmap will be stored in
the exe (or a dll) somewhere and if you can find it you can modify it...