POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sun setting in media atmosphere : Re: sun setting in media atmosphere Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sun setting in media atmosphere
From: jfmiller
Date: 7 Sep 2002 20:47:51
Message: <3d7a9e37@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

The included image is one I've been developing independantly, but with
simular goals.  Spesifically using media to create atmospheric sunsets.

> I'm pretty sure the sharpness of the "rays" in the last couple of images
> are sampling artifacts - I just haven't been able to locate the
> offending statement.

As you can see I have simular striping and increasing sample sizes (even to
being absurdly large) has not helped.

> While I'm happy so far with the results, my big question is
> incorporating clouds (media or pigment) and how they will be treated by
> the atmosphere.

My plan is to replace the spheres with a dence white or off white scattering
media,  I'm still working on how to deturmine density and distribution

How many different media are you using?  In the image below I have 2 with
different color values.

Keep me up to date, I'm interested in what you discover about clouds.

JFMILLER

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sunset.jpg' (25 KB)