POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Cloth Textures : Re: WIP Cloth Textures Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Cloth Textures
From: Hugo
Date: 7 Sep 2002 14:38:58
Message: <3d7a47c2@news.povray.org>
It's a good beginning. For me, it's usage depends largely on the speed of
rendering. There are different ways to make POV textures, and some are
slower than others. It's often a matter of experimentation to find the
fastest methods. Are you using functions, warps, or object patterns? Don't
forget any of them.

Usually it's possible to find good looking bitmaps of fabric textures on the
net, but not for every purpose, and some are too small images, and some
costs money. Personally I've never needed a cloth texture but I would be
interested in carpet textures, if they are -highly- realistic.

Regards,
Hugo