POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A current WIP 88k : Re: A current WIP 88k Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A current WIP 88k
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 6 Sep 2002 17:22:18
Message: <3d791c8a@news.povray.org>
William F. Pokorny wrote:
> Something inspired by a stretch of state route 17 (aka I86) in New York state. I
> travel this road on return trips to my home in Vermont after visiting my 2 kids
> in Pennsylvania. It is very early in the morning when I pass and I am usually in
> a funk. Comments?

Perspective seems a tad high to me.. are you driving a truck?

Do the lights really look like that? Something about them seems wrong to
me.. like their interaction with the media is too bright or something.

Other than that, there's something that bugs me about the scene.. maybe
the modeling is too primitive. Textures look fairly convincing. It might
be interesting if you could make the scene look more like it might from
inside a vehicle.. part of a dashboard, some reflection on the inside of
a windshield, things like that. Oh, and of course the front of the
vehicle sticking out...

-Xplo