POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1.5k apples again... (WIP 6) : RE: 1.5k apples again... (WIP 6) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  RE: 1.5k apples again... (WIP 6)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 6 Sep 2002 14:54:22
Message: <3d78f9de@news.povray.org>

noticias 3d77421e@news.povray.org...
>   I'm interested about your opinion on the new light placement. The
> sunlight from the window seems nicely placed, but I can't decide about the
> interior incandescent: in this scene it is at the left, more or less
> perpendicular to the sun, but on the prior WIP it was at the right, much
> more opposed to the sunlight. What do you think?

Hi Jaime, nice to see you (I've been unplugged the last 2 weeks of holidays)
I see you've been busy all this time.
I agree with the others about the barrel. It really seems as a
cone-cylinder-cone,
and the dirt looks more like shadows.
Talking 'bout lightning, with the new one the apples on the desk look
better,
and also the wheights.
I think the table looks better in the old one (specially the right down
corner
where you can see the barrel).
The general color given by the lights is what I find cold. OK, I suppose
it's due
to the blue wall (much better the new one) and the green-bronze wheights (I
think in RL are more golden than green), but I find it too blue. Maybe that
is
what you are looking for or maybe it's my monitor.
The scale is simply perfect. The modelling and texturing is a masterpiece.
Put the basket handless and work in the barrel and then send the image
to a professional's competition and WIN.
Once I made a barrel. The texture is not a good work though the modelling
seems right. You can get it at my site for ideas or inspiration.

PS: I saw you finally enter the IRTC, great radiosity work.

Bye. All the best.

Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] txemijendrixcom
http://www.txemijendrix.com