POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1.5k apples again... (WIP 6) : Re: 1.5k apples again... (WIP 6) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1.5k apples again... (WIP 6)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 6 Sep 2002 07:52:20
Message: <3d7896f3@news.povray.org>

> I agree -- the barrel is flat. Probably it's due to its
> 'cone+cylinder+cone'-construction.

  Nope, it's a scaled spherical mesh (well, actually only a quarter).

> make the planks more different by varying their texture
> (color, turbulence, scale).

  I've used this technique, but perhaps with not enough variation...

> The upper hoop looks rectangular, because the camera sits in
> its plane. This contributes to the flatness.

  I think this is perhaps the main reason for the barrel to look flat. I
will try a different camera...

> Of course it must be rather dark, but is it neccesary to make
> it SO dark?

  No, it's a side effect of the "leaching" layer, done with gradient. I
will replace it with a function based on y.

> The window seems a little simplistic, compared to the
> elaborate other objects in your scene: only a uniform yellow
> and some dark lines. Or will higher resolution bring out more
> detail?

  Yes, wait for final render: it's actually an very nice isosurface.

> The weights look like beeing painted with a transparent green;
> I would expect more yellow, perhaps a little brown.

  Yes, perhaps I've reduced the reflection too much, then it shows
excesively the standard Bronze pigment from colors.inc.

> have you ever thought of slicing up or biting them? Let us see that in
> your next masterpiece!

  :) They consist only on the skin! But as they are blobs, perhaps I can do
someday the interior and make such "slice scene"... nice idea.

> Oh, you really think you can *ever* get a _final_ picture?!

  No, but I will be too bored with it in some days... ;)

  Oh, and thanks for the elaborated comments!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org