POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glaze texture : Re: Glaze texture Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glaze texture
From: hughes b
Date: 4 Sep 2002 15:09:05
Message: <3d765a51@news.povray.org>
"R. Suzuki" <r-s### [at] aistgojp> wrote in message

> "hughes b" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> >
> > I thought the open cube object had odd blank places, like maybe the
function
> > was doing something wrong. I figured out it must be the highlighting
> > instead.
>
> It could be due to the image size (or camera position).
> I uploaded a large image (1280x960) at
> http://staff.aist.go.jp/r-suzuki/j/povray/pic/020901dftest.jpg

Yes, it is the phong highlights. My screen resolution being 1400x1050 made
the image small enough that the highlights were sharp-edged. The larger
image shows them as being from the light source.

As to that texture... intriguing how it appears as multiple patterns from
one texture "function". When I guess at how you did it I get a recursive
error. Are you going to let us in on the secret of how FN is defined?