POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Diamonds - 3 attachments : Re: Diamonds - 3 attachments Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Diamonds - 3 attachments
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 3 Sep 2002 22:09:59
Message: <3d756b77$1@news.povray.org>
MIKA wrote:
> This sucker took 22 hours to render on a 1ghz.
>
> They look impressive but not quite what one would expect from a real
> diamond.

I'm curious about the settings you used, particularly the
max_trace_level and the photons (since in both cases it appears you may
not be using high enough values).

I would also guess that you may be using too much dispersion, as your
render is noticibly more rainbowy than the photo.

You might consider making the surface the diamonds are resting on
non-reflective if it results in a significant speed increase.

-Xplo