POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bear [39K] : Bear [39K] Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Bear [39K]
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 3 Sep 2002 10:34:20
Message: <3d74c86b@news.povray.org>
Hello,

now, as "Jan" is born, I decided that it's time to stop working on this
picture (although I'm not completely satisfied). The fur in this picture
has been created by combining

[1] J.T.Kajiya, T.L.Kay: "Rendering Fur with Three Dimensional Textures" in
Proc. SIGGRAPH '89, Computer Graphics 23/3, July 1989.

and

[2] K.Perlin, E.M.Hoffert: "Hypertexture" in
Proc. SIGGRAPH '89, Computer Graphics 23/3, July 1989.

More precisely, the lighting model of [1] was combined with the hair
distribution of [2]. Some noise and gravity has been added to create
waves and to let the hairs hang down. The fur actually consists of two
media containers ("hypertexures") one with thick, short hairs and one with
longer hair. The container of the latter is modified by a noise function
(and therefore is described by an implicit function).

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bear4.jpg' (38 KB)