POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Ferrari (links) : Re: Lego Ferrari (links) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Ferrari (links)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 2 Sep 2002 17:14:05
Message: <3d73d49d$1@news.povray.org>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> As the picture is taken in a photographer's studio I don't see much
> use for realistic sky :)

Fair enough, but then why have a setup with such strong color bleed? You
would probably be better off with more neutral colors, and not have to
sacrifice the direct lighting whose absence makes Arnold look so dull.

> I did say miniature, didn't I? It's a simple
> setup to display small plastic models in a box cover for example.

I've never seen a picture of anything on a Lego box cover that looked as
bland as this.. and I have seen many, many "outdoors" miniatures shots
that were far more interesting, if not necessarily convincing.

> I have noticed too that 24 bit images really can't be used as HDR
> images for radiosity lighting.

When you really only have 8 bits worth of luminance, and many of those
256 values aren't being used, then obviously what you DO have is going
to be rather granular, at best. Although I'm sure that you (and probably
Gilles) know that already. ;)

-Xplo