POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Ferrari (links) : Re: Lego Ferrari (links) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Ferrari (links)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 2 Sep 2002 15:00:20
Message: <3d73b544@news.povray.org>

3d73afa3@news.povray.org...

> Are you using a monochrome sky, or a realistically-colored one?

Something that has worked very well for me lately was to use panoramas
created with Terragen. I set up a simple TG scene and then run a little
script that generate the environment (front, back, left, right, top). I put
the resulting images on triangles and scale them. Low-res maps do, unless
one is actually shown, so it's usable even with the non-registered version.
Now if TG could output HDRI maps... I've tried to use these maps as pseudo
HDRI ones, by assigning them variable ambient values (based on an underlying
pigment_pattern) but failed to obtain usable results.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com