POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Texture Demonstration scene : Re: [WIP] Texture Demonstration scene Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] Texture Demonstration scene
From: Pandora
Date: 2 Sep 2002 09:43:33
Message: <3d736b05@news.povray.org>
"Rene Schwietzke" <ren### [at] reneschwietzkede> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In 1996 I published Texture Library (http://texlib.povray.org/) and had
> maintained it for two years. After starting my first job I did not find
any
> time to improve or update it. Now the time has come to do it.
>
> First of all I need a good texture demonstration scene. It should show the
> texture in different usage scenarios. Please see the attached image. It
> contains:
>
> 1) texture on a complex object
> 2) reflection test
> 3) texture rotation test
> 4) look-through test
> 5) scaling test
>
> What do you think? Is the image too complex? Should I create an own scene
> for the the look-through test?

    As far as the complexity of the scene goes, I think it's just about
right, a couple of points though (well, 3) :

reflection test - I take the coloured cylinders are just place-holders for
the moment, and will have differing amount of reflection, yes  ?

texture rotation test - What are the different rotations on each
half-cylinder - (it's hard to tell from your sample image) - are they,
un-rotated, x-rotation, y-rotation & z-rotation or differing degrees of
rotation round a single axis ?

scaling test - I would put in a couple more spheres at more clearly defined
scaling factors - maybe 5 in total with 1/4x, 1/2x, 1x, 2x, 4x or maybe,
even, a larger spread...

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.