POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mean particle diameter of f_noise3d isosurface : Re: Mean particle diameter of f_noise3d isosurface Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:19:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mean particle diameter of f_noise3d isosurface
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 2 Sep 2002 09:04:02
Message: <3d7361c2$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, if they'd take it.
In thinking more about my calcs,  I'm purely confident the volume fraction
calc is based on correct metallographic principles.   This calc, however, of
the mpd is based on a 2-d measurement, and the 2d measurement doesn't
exactly represent the 3d. So please don't use these results for any legal
work or building a bridge on which human beings will have to travel for the
time being...

I also would think that I'm not finished until I can find a
"metallographic", quantitative, difference between NG2 and NG3.   I know
that mountains "look different," but not what makes them different. (Don't
say 1/f noise or I'll yawn and shrug my shoulders as to what the heck you're
saying).